Hello friends, it’s been a while! Blogs tend to come and go, you’re familiar enough with the reasons for that, so I’ll instead give a little update on what I’ve been doing in the last two and a half years!
- Publishing games and doing what I do at Phoenix Online Studios
- Writing reviews for The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, and (formerly) Legends of Tomorrow at 411mania.com
- Got a new fulltime job working on the new Mass.gov website
- I had a kid! Yeah, I buried the lede, this is really the big one. His name’s Rowan, and he’s great.
- Generally figuring out what life looks like in this new phase. Turns out having a kid will kind of redefine everything.
- Started working on a novel!
Since Rowan came along, finding time to be creative has been hard, but in the last year I missed it dearly and made a point of finding time for it. I’m happy to say it’s been going well and I’ve been putting a lot of work into not just writing but into outlining, plotting, and asking a lot of questions about my writing to help me improve it. I’ve also been working (admittedly more slowly) on a new game design.
Since this has gone relatively well and I’m dedicated to pushing forward, one of my resolutions for 2018 is to resurrect this blog by posting once a week. That’s the goal, we’ll see how I do with it! Once a week seems doable, though. I’m not locking myself in on any specific topics or days for these posts. And hey, if there are special requests, please let me know in the comments.
I’m looking forward to getting back to blogging. Happy new year!